Home Learning during school closure
Welcome to our Home Learning page. Here, you can access the work, which has been set for each day. Please see below for what to expect. Please record work into the Home Learning book or onto paper.
Although I am unable to answer very specific queries in detail, if you do need to contact me or children would like to email me my email is:
Emails will be checked periodically and response time will depend on health situations and cover in school commitments by teachers.
- https://www.doorwayonline.org.uk/ - interactive activities covering a whole range of subjects and year groups
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ - huge treasure trove of activities that cover a whole range of subjects. Also holds links to games etc that are hosted by other sites.
- http://www.pobble365.com/ - a new picture is shared each day to provoke discussion, debate or writing ideas.
- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ - a huge range of different subjects and focuses, arguably the best host of any resource you could need. Have offered a free account in the result of school closures.
- https://www.weareteachers.com/free-online-learning-resources/ - lots of specific links to different sites that offer free resources or learning platforms.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize - huge range of different resources and information broken down into Key Stages and year groups.
- https://tpet.co.uk/ - free online resource packs.
- https://www.tts-group.co.uk/home+learning+activities.html – free online home workbooks
- https://www.learningladders.info – online resources
- https://2simple.com/ - EYFS/KS1 range of resources
- https://spellingframe.co.uk/ - spelling activities with specialist resources for each year group.
- https://subscribe.firstnews.co.uk/free-downloadable-issue/ - free online digital download of a specialist children’s newspaper.
- https://lindsaylittleson.co.uk/home/resources/ - free resources linked to the books of Lindsay Littleson including The Titanic Detective Agency and Guardians of the Wild Unicorns.
- http://myths.e2bn.org/mythsandlegends/ - vast online store of animated comic strips tracking legends and myths from across the world.
- https://thereadingrealm.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/The-Nature-and-Animal-Realm-1.pdf - downloadable reading activity pack.
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ - free online books – brilliant if you can’t get to the library
- https://www.getepic.com – digital library for children up to 12
- https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html - a large range of free videos and short films that are then supported by questions and tasks underneath
- https://www.oliverjeffers.com/ - author will be reading a book every weekday at 6pm
- https://www.picture-news.co.uk – newspacks for children
- https://pobble.com – writing resources
- https://www.nessy.com – structured literacy resources
- https://parallel.org.uk/ - free online maths problems, more focussed at older children.
- https://mathsticks.com/my/ - online resources and print offs with specifically broken down key stage focuses.
- https://masterthecurriculum.co.uk/ - free online range of activities broken down into year groups and levels including Greater Depth
- https://www.mathshed.com – useful rang of maths resources for KS1 & 2
- https://www.numbots.com – addition and subtraction activities
- https://whiterosemaths.com/ - very useful suite of arithmetic and problem solving resources
- https://www.childrensuniversity.manchester.ac.uk/learning-activities/science/ - lots of science subject areas covered with resources specifically designed for primary age children. (Other subjects are also available on this site).
- https://groweatgift.com/2017/06/14/30-ways-to-go-wild-with-science/ - lots of different and fun science activities you can do in the house or garden
- https://www.gonoodle.com/ - lots of online videos that help keep children active inside and also teach mindfulness and meditation
- https://www.typingclub.com/ - online programme for teaching and developing touch typing
- https://groweatgift.com/2017/06/12/30-ways-to-get-creative-for-30-days-wild/ - different activity ideas that involve creating or engaging with different things in your house or garden