Other Home Learning links
Here is a list of further websites to support practise and learning at home, please copy and paste these links into your browser:
- https://www.doorwayonline.org.uk/ - interactive activities covering a whole range of subjects and year groups
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ - huge treasure trove of activities that cover a whole range of subjects. Also holds links to games etc that are hosted by other sites.
- http://www.pobble365.com/ - a new picture is shared each day to provoke discussion, debate or writing ideas.
- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ - a huge range of different subjects and focuses, arguably the best host of any resource you could need. Have offered a free account in the result of school closures.
- https://www.weareteachers.com/free-online-learning-resources/ - lots of specific links to different sites that offer free resources or learning platforms.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize - huge range of different resources and information broken down into Key Stages and year groups.
- https://tpet.co.uk/ - free online resource packs.
- https://www.tts-group.co.uk/home+learning+activities.html – free online home workbooks
- https://www.learningladders.info – online resources
- https://2simple.com/ - EYFS/KS1 range of resources
- https://spellingframe.co.uk/ - spelling activities with specialist resources for each year group.
- https://subscribe.firstnews.co.uk/free-downloadable-issue/ - free online digital download of a specialist children’s newspaper.
- https://lindsaylittleson.co.uk/home/resources/ - free resources linked to the books of Lindsay Littleson including The Titanic Detective Agency and Guardians of the Wild Unicorns.
- http://myths.e2bn.org/mythsandlegends/ - vast online store of animated comic strips tracking legends and myths from across the world.
- https://thereadingrealm.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/The-Nature-and-Animal-Realm-1.pdf - downloadable reading activity pack.
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ - free online books – brilliant if you can’t get to the library
- https://www.getepic.com – digital library for children up to 12
- https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html - a large range of free videos and short films that are then supported by questions and tasks underneath
- https://www.oliverjeffers.com/ - author will be reading a book every weekday at 6pm
- https://www.picture-news.co.uk – newspacks for children
- https://pobble365.com -writing tasks around a daily picture
- https://www.nessy.com – structured literacy resources
- https://parallel.org.uk/ - free online maths problems, more focussed at older children.
- https://mathsticks.com/my/ - online resources and print offs with specifically broken down key stage focuses.
- https://masterthecurriculum.co.uk/ - free online range of activities broken down into year groups and levels including Greater Depth
- https://www.mathshed.com – useful rang of maths resources for KS1 & 2
- https://www.numbots.com – addition and subtraction activities
- https://whiterosemaths.com/ - very useful suite of arithmetic and problem solving resources
- https://www.childrensuniversity.manchester.ac.uk/learning-activities/science/ - lots of science subject areas covered with resources specifically designed for primary age children. (Other subjects are also available on this site).
- https://groweatgift.com/2017/06/14/30-ways-to-go-wild-with-science/ - lots of different and fun science activities you can do in the house or garden
- https://www.gonoodle.com/ - lots of online videos that help keep children active inside and also teach mindfulness and medidation
- https://www.typingclub.com/ - online programme for teaching and developing touch typing
- https://groweatgift.com/2017/06/12/30-ways-to-get-creative-for-30-days-wild/ - different activity ideas that involve creating or engaging with different things in your house or garden