Our school kitchen is managed by HC3S.
HC3S is the largest provider of school meals in Hampshire, supplying hot and cold nutritional meals to 445 primary schools across the county. HC3S also supplies 3 schools in Dorset and 11 in Wiltshire.
Everything is cooked in our own kitchen by Jane and Carole, who have been awarded the grade of 5 for hygiene and food standards by Test Valley Borough Council.
We expect that parents of children in Key Stage 1 will take up the option of the Universal Infant Free School Meal.This is because we believe that the hot school dinner option is much better for the children’s learning and health. We recognise the evidence that states:
- children are better prepared for learning if they eat well
- children make more progress if they have eaten the right nutritional lunch
- only 1% of packed lunches provide the correct nutrition
- eating hot dinners is an important social occasion and the children learn vital social skills
Following the Executive Member for Children's Services Decision Day on 17th September 2020, it has been agreed that the price for a two course, hot school meal will rise in November 2020 from £2.40 to £2.50.
Please see below for temporary school menu week commencing 2nd November 2020.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available only to children whose parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs1
No other benefits qualify for free school meals.
Applying for free school meals
There is a new online service, where you can check your own eligibility for free school meals, or you can check on behalf of someone else.
To complete a check you will need the following information for yourself, or the person you are checking on behalf of:
- Name, home address and email address
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service reference number
- Child’s name, date of birth and school
Please note that by following the link below to the online free school meals eligibility checking service, you are leaving Hampshire County Council’s website.
The data you enter on the screen will be used to process your request.